In preparation for the upcoming spelling competition, coaching sessions are offered to the contestants by the school. The sessions coverall the English language skills (Reading, Writing,Speaking and Listening). The Study Material assigned for the competition is also covered by the coaches during the sessions along with thorough explanation of the rules and techniques essential for the competition.
Inter-Continental Spelling Bee 2019 – Dubai
- The Inter Continental Spelling Bee Championship is organized by the Mind Guiders Management Consultancy together with African partners EDUPRO CONCEPTS. The first competition took place in Dubai from the 3rd to the 8th of October 2018.
- Participating countries were: Ghana, Rwanda, Kuwait, UAE, Kenya (Tentative) and Nigeria (Tentative).
- To give contestants more exposure and opportunity to feel the international stage.
- To promote affable relationships between children of different backgrounds and cultures.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- For participation a contestant should have participated in the national event or a local spelling bee contest.
- ICSB is open for contestants in Grade 2 up to Grade 12.
THE ROLE OF CHILDREN IN BRIDGING THE INTER-CULTURAL GAP THROUGH SPELLING AND INTERACTIONS
Thursday 27th september to monday 29th september 2019
Springdales school, dubai, uae
The grades being represented in the competition are divided into 6 categories as follows:
- Category 1 Grade 1
- Category 2 Grade 2
- Category 3 Grade 3
- Category 4 Grades 4 & 5
- Category 5 Grades 6 & 7
- Category 6 Grades 8, 9 & 10
BROAD GUIDELINES FOR COMPETITION
There will be 3 broad rounds:
- Oral – Offline
- Oral – on Stage
Here are the guidelines for each Group:
- 1. Written round will have 30 questions and 30 min time.
- 2. All students will go for Oral-Offline soon after Written or vice versa to optimize time.
- 3. This year, students will be taking an On stage Oral, all students will be given opportunity for On stage Oral. They will be called in Random Order.
- 4. On stage question sets will be chosen by the candidate based on lottery. They will be displayed on the screen and the child has to give the answer.
- 5. All children will get a participation memento/Medal and certificate.
- 6. Winners will get Winning trophy, Certificate and some cash prize/Gift
- PHONEMIC AWARNESS
- JUMBLED WORD
- IDIOM / PHRASES
- CORRECT FORM OF WORD
- CROSS WORD
- EDIT THE PASSAGE
(Total 30 questions – Duration 30 mins /5 mins per section)
ROUNDS- ORAL (Offline)
- SYNONYM & ANTONYM
- LISTEN AND ANSWER (AUDIOMETRY)
- ROOT WORD
(5 Questions per Section – 10 Sec per question, except SYN-ANT which will be 15 Sec per question)
ROUNDS- ON STAGE
- ONE WORD SUBSTITUTION (SPELL)
- SPELL IT
(5 questions for One Word Substitution – 8 sec for each and Spell it is Knock out round – i.e. at the first mistake we stop or maximum up to 7 words.)